This year I am going to be trying something new. On a weekly basis I am going to be keeping a blog of our class. The blog opens up a new stream of communication between You (my students) and Me (your teacher).
I think the number one most important topic we discussed this week was our class rules. I will put a short list here to summarize what we discussed.
Dr. White's Rules of the Road
- R...E...S...P...E...C...T yourself (do your work, get it in on time), others (we are all trying to learn) and Me (Everything that I ask you to do for me is an essential part of learning Chemistry)
- English only please (let's face it...you get enough Portuguese em casa...do yourself a favor and practice your English in class)
- Raise your hand (we have a lot of people in class, that is a lot of brains to keep revved up, blurting out answers kills momentum...don't be that guy/gal!)
- Be Clean! (Leave the lab the way you found it...clean up after yourself!) (love this guy's eyebrows!)
- Absence (Before you go jet setting off to some tournament or vacation, let me know at least one day ahead of time. You are responsible for all work over your vacation! Help me help you!)
Ok, that about is all I have for now...we'll be in touch!